Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Tramp and Some Shopping

Hello Peeps,

Last Saturday and Sunday Miss H went on a tramp in Pirongia Forest Park. She had so much fun - especially orienteering in the dark through the bush.


This is her tent which she shared with two other girls. They had a possum come visit them in the night - he freaked them out when he stared at them for ten seconds through the fly screen!


On the way back from dropping Miss H off for her tramp, the Mother and the Bird Lady went shopping.


And look at the treasures she found. Some quilting magazines...


...and of course some fabric!


Threads too! Whoops - I have gotten caught up in the pretty colours!


I wonder what this is? 

The Mother also got Miss H some gifts too.

 
Two coolio books - one about Beatrice Potter, and the other about Anne Frank.


 Ooh, they are soooo good. Miss H has already started reading Miss Potter.



And some Cottage Garden Thread. Miss H can't wait to use it!
 
And...
HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY!
 
Love From
Baa. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hello Baa! Looks like a great time was had by all.... great camping trip.... great shopping trip! Lots of lovely things were bought! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice camping spot Miss H went to. Nice purchases too. I hope you didn't tangle the threads too much, Baa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Baa ... I think I would've freaked a bit too if a possum had been looking through my tent window. I love all your purchases, especially love Cottage Garden Threads. That "thing" looks like a sock darner I think?? I had a smaller one & thought it was a spinning top til a customer told me it was an old fashioned sock darner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of purchases! Yes, definitely a sock darner or darning mushroom as we call them. Sometimes the handle unscrews and is hollow to hold the darning needle. I have several in my collection. In Italy I discovered they use a darning egg for the same purpose. xx

    ReplyDelete